Help ensure that you and your loved ones that are not burdened with financial obligations in the event of unexpected circumstances.
Easy and economical protection coverage available:
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Involuntary Unemployment Benefit
Low monthly premiums are based on group insurance rates to help ensure that they are competitive. Single or joint life coverage is available, and in most insurances, no additional medical information is required.
CanadaLife Creditor Insurance is available at the time financing is arranged. Your dealer can facilitate this coverage for you.
Life and Disability Insurance
Rest easy knowing you can help to ease your family's financial burden at a difficult time.
- Life insurance pays the outstanding balance of the loan in the event of death of an insured borrower.
- Eligibility up to 69 with no medical examination required to apply for coverage.
- Coverage available up to a maximum loan amount of $200,000 with repayment term no greater than 84 months
Accidents and illnesses are a part of life; they can happen to anyone at any time.
- If eligible, we will make your monthly payment for you during the period of disability.
- Monthly benefit up to $3,500 per month.
- Eligibility up to age 65 as long as you are gainfully employed.
Involuntary Unemployment Benefit
Canada Life will make your loan payments for you in the event that you become unemployed as the result of an accident. This will help to ensure your credit rating will not be adversely affected; one financial worry you can do without.
- After a 30 day waiting period, we will continue to make your monthly payments
- Eligibility up to 65 as long as you are gainfully employed
- Maximum monthly benefit up to $3,500
Total Loss Protection (GAP)
A full-term protection program for new & pre-owned vehicles to help protect you and your credit rating.
Generally, vehicles are declared a 'total loss' when the repair cost approaches the wholesale value, or when the damage affects the frame itself. With today's repair costs, your vehicle is more likely to be written off as a total loss than repaired.
Our Total Loss Protection:
- Is available for the full-term of your loan or lease up to 96 months
- Covers loan or lease amounts of up to $100,000
- Gives you peace of mind at the time of an accident
Insurance coverage that protects you when there is a total loss of your vehicle.
The difference between your primary insurance settlement and the amount still owing to your financial institution is known as the 'GAP'. This typically represents thousands of dollars on a total loss of your vehicle.
Total Loss Protection makes the 'GAP' payment for you plus covers your deductible up to $1,000. For example:
$24,000 (Outstanding loan or lease balance)
- $17,000 (Auto insurance valuation)
$7,000 (GAP) + up to $1,000 (Auto insurance deductible)
Total Loss Protection
Avoid many of the unexpected out-of-pocket expenses related to a total loss.
- Pays your deductible of up to $1,000
- Protects your credit rating
- Could save you up to $50,000 by covering the 'GAP' in your insurance settlement
- Gives you peace of mind at the time of a total loss